NEOs’ Specific activities
1. Information and promotion activities
- Promote and disseminate all information regarding those actions and activities opened to the participation of the NEO's country within the Erasmus+ programme: background, objectives, application procedures and calendars, eligibility rules, selection process, financial provisions, guidelines for the use of the grant, best practices, relevant contacts and websites, etc.
- Organise conferences, seminars, information days, and other actions and events to promote the Erasmus+ programme and to exploit its results. Draft reports and, where relevant, press-releases when organising or participating in events, conferences, seminars, etc.
- Respect and disseminate the required visibility guidelines concerning acknowledgement of EU financing of Erasmus+ projects and activities.
- Support the Commission and the EACEA for the organisation of Erasmus+ events in the Partner Country.
2. Assistance to potential applicants and to beneficiaries
- Advise, inform and assist potential applicants.
- Organise information/contact meetings, seminars for potential applicants.
- In close cooperation with other NEOs and/or with Erasmus+ National Agencies in programme countries, assist local organisations in the search of national or foreign partners, as well as foreign organisations in the search of local partners..
- Assist organisations (higher education and other type of institutions) as well as individuals (students, university staff, professionals, etc.) involved in Erasmus + activities (in relation to visa, tax, insurance, importing equipment, contacts with local authorities and the EU Delegation, etc.).
- Promote cooperation, enhance synergies and support the exchange of good/best practices between Erasmus + projects active in the partner country.
3. Selection, monitoring and dissemination of Erasmus+ and former Tempus IV projects including through field visits
- Where relevant and when required (notably for the Key Action 2 Capacity Building in higher education of the Erasmus + Programme), contribute to selection processes and provide comments on project applications to the EU services when consulted in the framework of the selection processes.
- Monitor the implementation of Erasmus+ and on-going Tempus IV projects in the partner country.
- Organise and conduct field monitoring visits of Erasmus+ and on-going Tempus IV projects throughout the country.
- Assist the Commission, the EACEA or any other outside body authorised to do so on their behalf in their field monitoring / audit visits.
- Prepare and submit field monitoring reports to the EACEA, including recommendations for the follow up of projects.
- Contribute to the establishment by the EACEA of field monitoring plans/schedule for the various components of the Erasmus+ programme where appropriate.
- Summarize the findings of the annual field monitoring campaign for each relevant component of the Erasmus+ programme and submit the report to the EACEA.
4- Support to the team of Higher Education Reform Experts (HEREs)
- In relation with the HEREs, follow the policy developments in the field of higher education, in the partner country and beyond.
- Support and coordinate the local activities of the team of Higher Education Reform Experts. Ensure the efficient local follow-up and dissemination of their activities held outside the partner country.
- Assist in the process of selection, appointment, renewal of the Higher Education Reform Experts in the partner country.
- Establish the annual work programme, implement the budget and monitor the activities of the HEREs. In particular, the NEO manages part of the costs incurred by the HEREs' participation to external events (travel costs, daily allowances) and the costs related to local initiatives involving the HEREs.
- Prepare reports about the activities implemented by the HEREs team for EACEA and the Commission Services.
- Keep the national authorities informed on the work programmes, as well as on planned and implemented activities.
5-Other higher education related activities
- Attend at the EACEA request NEOs coordination meetings (usually in Brussels twice a year).
- Attend, if necessary, specific training, conferences, seminars related to the Erasmus+ programme to improve the NEO staff knowledge and to raise awareness among institutions and stakeholders involved in the Programme.
- Disseminate any relevant information regarding call for proposals launched in the context of EU programmes and initiatives in higher education that are relevant for the organisations and/or nationals from the programme country
- Assist the Commission, the EACEA or any other outside body authorised to do so on its behalf in their visits to the country in the framework of the realisation of studies, project identification or formulation, mid-term or final evaluations or other missions.
- Liaise with local authorities in cooperation with the EU Delegation.
- Provide to the Commission and the EACEA contributions to studies, analytical/ statistical reports, etc. related to higher education (and possibly to other levels of education if relevant).
- Provide to the Commission and the EACEA support for the preparation, organisation and hosting of meetings and events.
- Provide support to Policy Dialogue activities in the field of higher education launched by the Commission Services.
- Provide the EU Delegation with information on the performance of Erasmus+ projects in higher education involving organisations from the partner country, and provide updated information about the higher education sector, in particular.
- Provide support for translation of Erasmus+ related documents.
- Other tasks requested by the EACEA or the Commission.
- Additional initiatives or actions are subject to prior approval by the EACEA or the Commission.